Initially supported by the team at Haslar Marina, the club was formed in 2009 and is affiliated to the RYA. The club is run by the members for the benefit of the members, with a small committee of officers and members. Based at Haslar Marina, anyone who enjoys boating in the locality is welcome to join, whether they are boat owners or not and whether their preference is for sail or power.
Inspired by the desire to unite our combined knowledge, past experiences and future efforts for the benefit of our members, the club’s vision and objectives are to:
- Promote safety at sea, continuous learning but also enjoyment and self fulfilment
- Provide social & networking opportunities to build friendships within the marina and club
- Broaden the knowledge and experience of members
- Provide peer to peer support to build boating confidence
The club extends Haslar Marina's reputation as a friendly marina and adds a social element to your water activities, helping to promote friendship, safety and greater confidence on the water.
- First years’ membership free for new Haslar annual berth holders
- Only £40 per year membership for two people
- Mix of sailboats and motorboats
- Always having fun on the water
- Plenty of social events ashore
The Haslar Yacht Club are proud to not be a stuffy, elitist or exclusive club; they all share the same sentiment of wanting to have fun on the water. You don’t even have to own a boat, just an interest in boating will do!
Their programme is based on a range of sailing and social activities including organised rallies out on the water, incorporating local weekend cruises in company and potentially longer passages together, shore-based talks and socials, including our AGM and annual Christmas party. They are an informal bunch but do try to scrub up once or twice a year for events such as the famous Commodore's Dinner!
You can join the club by visiting a monthly social, or online where you can find out more information and see their full calendar of events.