The Green Blue is a joint environmental programme between the British Marine and Royal Yachting Association since 2005. Helping boat users, boating businesses, clubs and training centres to reduce their impact on inland and coastal waters, wildlife and habitats.
At boatfolk, we believe that our people and places can inspire, educate and influence behaviours to make a positive impact on the marine environment (and the planet). Our current initiatives are focused on marine life, ocean plastics and clean water. Find out more on our sustainable future section.
The Green Blue aims to inspire sustainable recreational boating for cleaner, healthier waters by:
- Identifying and raising awareness of key environmental issues
- Providing tailored information, guidance and resources to support recreational boating in adopting and sharing good practice
- Delivering environmental outreach through awareness talks, presentations, workshops, educational activities and instructor training
- Promoting more sustainable products and services through its Green Blue Business Directory.
- Working closely with government agencies and bodies such as Natural England and the Environment Agency
- Developing partnerships and projects with marine businesses, trusts, charities and other organisations.
Visit The Green Blue website at www.thegreenblue.org.uk or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.