Boatfolk are excited to announce the investment of £3.5 million into a development plan to improve Haslar Marina. Works are currently underway and are due to be completed within the next 18 months.
Details and timins of the plans to enhance Haslar Marina include:
- A brand-new on-site restaurant, situated in an area that overlooks the marina and will give visitors a fantastic vista as they enjoy hospitality throughout the day. Construction will start in early 2022, subject to planning.
- Creation of nine premium hotel rooms, available from Spring 2022, subject to planning.
- Installing an enlarged and revamped galley on board Haslar’s famous green Lightship, allowing it to cater for a larger number of guests at peak periods following its reopening in Spring 2022.
- Installation of a new floating events space adjoining the Lightship, subject to planning.
- A new enlarged boatyard with a newly created waiting pontoon at the bottom of the slipway.
- Complete renovation of the G pontoon washrooms. The front of the existing facility will be cleared to create space for a new veranda which will be built to accommodate the nine new unisex family pods.
- Lifting and refurbishment of Haslar Marina’s Sealift is underway and will be ready to accept customers again in November 2021.
- Dredging throughout October and November 2021 will help maintain existing marina berths and make way for an extension in due course.
Michael Prideaux, Managing Director at boatfolk, comments, “This is a major investment in the future of Haslar Marina and the local community. The development plan aligns with our ethos that everyone is welcome to enjoy the marina and we hope it will attract a wider range of people, not exclusionary to boatowners or those interested in marine activities.”
Ben Lippiett, Haslar Marina Manager for Haslar Marina, adds, “Our marina is located on the Eastern Solent and is home to some of the most popular cruising waters in the world. Through these new developments, we are expanding our offering to both our berth holders and the wider southwest population. We are thrilled that we can enhance our facilities as well as supporting the local economy and community. We are now working through the redevelopment plan and aim to deliver this in phases to reduce the impact on users of the marina and residents.”
For updates on the developments you can follow Haslar Marina on social media. Check out their Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts.