As part of our #boatgen campaign we’re looking for ambassadors who share our belief that young people can benefit from getting out on the water. We want role models who understand the value of sailing and watersports and are passionate about sharing their love of these sports, as well as looking after the environment that makes these sports possible.
As an ambassador your role will be to inspire a community of young people to experience the freedom, challenges and amazing opportunities that come with getting on the water. As part of our network of ambassadors you’ll be the face and voice of #boatgen, becoming an important part of a grassroots movement united in making sailing and watersports accessible to all.
Would you make the perfect ambassador?
This role can fit around your lifestyle, be tailored to what you’re most passionate about and keen to get involved in. We’ll plan regular check-ins with you to help you support ambassador activity.
We want to get to know you as a person, and why you think you'd be a great boatgen ambassador. To make this easier we're giving you the option to apply either in writing, or by video - simply pick whichever method you find it easiest to communicate in!
For both video and written applications you'll need to complete the application form containing basic details such as your name, age and contact details.
For written applications
We recommend you take a look at the application questions (below) and prepare your answers before you start as you can't save it and make changes later. Write your answers in a word document or in your notes so you can easily copy and paste them into the application form.
For video applications
As mentioned you'll still need to complete the application form, letting us know that you're applying with a video. The video should be maximum 5 minutes long, and answer the questions listed below, but feel free to get creative!
You have until the 4th January 2022 to apply. Any questions about the ambassador scheme or application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Scroll down for the application questions or click here to apply.
1. Why do you want to be a boatgen ambassador?
2. Do you regularly participate in watersports? If so, when did you start, which are your favourites and how often do you get on the water?
3. Which skills and experiences could you lean on in the ambassador role?
4. What personal qualities do you have that would make you a good ambassador?
5. What would you bring to the role that is unique?
6. What do you consider to be the biggest challenge you have faced when it comes to watersports and how did you overcome it?
7. Who is your role model and why?
8. Share your ideas for engaging young people with boatgen (these can be either in-person or online). Tell us why.